Personal, Flood, & Commercial Insurance
Unfortunately, Hurricane Florence is barreling down on the SE Coast of the US. With this in mind, SFI Group, Inc. has taken a few steps to make sure any potential claims are handled as efficiently as possible.
What should you do to make this process better for yourself, the adjusting staff, the carriers and everyone else that may be affected by this storm.
- Please check with local authority websites for clearance to go onto the island. Remember, many times the power grids will be shut down for life safety issues and the Municipality Topsail Beach (http://www.topsailbeach.org/Residents/EmergencyInformation/tabid/106/Default.aspx) Surf City (http://www.surfcity.govoffice.com/) and North topsail Beach (http://www.ntbnc.org/Pages/default.aspx) will not let anyone on the island until those issues are cleared.
- Please verify that your home actually has damage before you submit a claim. While this seems obvious, we have had many instances of claims that were submitted before any eyes were laid on the property to check for damage. This ties up adjusters who need to examine claims from property that actually is damaged.
- Once damage is verified, please consult the list of carriers and their preferred claims submission avenues prior to submitting a claim. Click on this link to pull up the list.
- Please remember to have your policy information handy when submitting a claim. It may be that all local communication is out for some time so, if your carrier prefers direct reporting of claims, please do so. They will notify us of the claim so we can set our files up on the back end. Please also remember this is not a race to be first when submitting a claim. The claims are handled as soon as all of the information is complete on the claim submission. Once complete information is submitted the claim is then assigned to a field adjuster. Complete files make the work of the claims team much smoother and more efficient.
- If you have minor damage, please take action to decrease potential further damage by closing up holes, placing tarps over roofs, having water extracted from the dwelling as well as anything else which is reasonable to prevent increased or future damage. These actions do not require approval from SFI or your insurance company.
For wind claims on NCJUA policies, please follow the procedures for the essential carrier claims process.
If you have extensive damage, like a total loss, please report your claim by using our report a claim link on the website. http://quotesfi.com/report-a-claim/ If the phone lines are down, this is the single best way to get ahold of one of our team members. Please fill it out as completely as possible including answering the obvious questions the link poses. We will be in touch as soon as we can.
[Erin] has truly exemplified excellent customer service.
I would like to share with you how pleased I am with Erin Magnuson. We are making changes to increase the coverage of my existing HO6 insurance policy to ensure I have the right flood coverage at a competitive price. In the process of making these changes, Erin had to research the existing flood insurance on my master policy, the insurance requirements from my bank and the process of how to cancel my current Federal policy which she notified me wouldn’t be much use since my unit is in a CBRA zone. Erin went the extra mile (or two – since I had numerous questions!). She provided timely and accurate answers and was always friendly and professional. In past experiences with my mortgage company and others, I have received conflicting information, depending upon who I spoke with. It has been a real pleasure to work with Erin knowing she took the extra effort to provide information that I could trust. She has truly exemplified excellent customer service.